Take-Two investor call reveals “exciting new franchise” from 2K
Why wait for press releases when you can listen in on investor calls? Take-Two Interactive just told investors that 2K has “another exciting new franchise” coming out this financial year.
The new game will most likely be announced at Gamescom 2021 towards the end of august. Take-Two also revealed that two “immersive core” titles have been delayed.
- Unannounced IP launching before April next year
- Two titles delayed but also due before April 2022
- Take-Two “flexible” about removing Grand Theft Auto mods
- Hangar 13 working on new game, most likely Mafia 4
- Development pipeline is the ‘most diverse yet’
Zero tolerance: CEO Strauss Zelnick also brought up the controversies surrounding Ubisoft and Activision Blizzard, stating that Take-Two“will not tolerate harassment or discrimination or bad behaviour of any kind. We never have.”
Crime pays: Grand Theft Auto V has now sold over 150 million, with 5 million in sales since May this year. An updated version for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S is on the way.