Activision Blizzard accused of destroying documents as lawsuit continues
The Californian Department of Fair Employment and Housing has updated its lawsuit against Activision Blizzard to include accusations of destroying documents.
The DFEH has amended its complaint after being made “aware that documents and records have not been maintained as required by law,” including HR emails and records.
- Activision Blizzard has made several high-level personnel changes
- Revamped hiring to include diverse interview panels
- Greater transparency on pay
- Improved training for HR and compliance staff
- Employees now evaluate their managers in a new review process
- Clear boundaries on workplace behaviour with zero-tolerance
Denial: Activision Blizzard denies the claims, and insists that it has “complied with every proper request in support of its review” and that the new procedures listed above are now in effect at the company.
Safe and inclusive: "We share DFEH's goal of a safe, inclusive workplace that rewards employees equitably and are committed to setting an example that others can follow,” concluded Activision Blizzard’s response.