Future Witcher game could star Ciri
CD Project RED’s principal writer Jakub Szamalek recently talked about Ciri from The Witcher, who might be getting a more prominent role in future games in the series.
The studio is busy wrapping up the Cyberpunk 2077 campaign before starting to prepare post-launch support and expansions as well as the multiplayer mode, which will be added sometime after launch. Fortunately, that doesn’t mean CD Projekt RED is done with The Witcher.
Short and sweet: “Interesting question,” Szamalek replied. “Would you like to play a game with Ciri as a lead character?” You play as Ciri in parts of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, allowing you to act out key moments of her past.
Future uncertain: “I regret we didn’t get to explore Ciri’s past a bit more,” he continued. “She’s such an amazingly rich and complex character.” Look out for her as an Easter egg in Cyberpunk 2077 and cross your fingers for more Ciri: “maybe it’s something we’ll get to get back to in the future.”
Time For A Quick Daily Quiz?
Which CD Projekt game was presented as a gift to the US President?
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- The Witcher Adventure Game
A crafty weapon that’s a notch above
Grinding Gear Games’ 2013 free-to-play action RPG game Path of Exile features a nod to the mighty Minecraft and its creator.
You can come across a unique Decimation Bow called ‘Infractem’, which is an anagram for Minecraft. It was actually made by Notch himself, who supported Path of Exile during its development.
Inspect the weapon’s flavour text, and you’ll find another hint to the identity of its creator: “Mark us with mercy, then press on with care, execute us steadily, notch away at our despair.” ‘Mark us’ and ‘press on’ references Notch’s real name Markus Persson while ‘notch’ – well, you can figure that one out yourself!
Animal Crossing Stamp Rally Event
Celebrate International Museum Day in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Nintendo is celebrating International Museum Day with a Stamp Rally event lasting for the rest of May.
Head to your museum to receive your stamp card, and collect stamps by viewing fish, insects and fossils at various exhibits. This is the third of the events announced last month, as the Nature Day and May Day events are both over. Here’s what’s left on the calendar:
- International Museum Day (May 18-31)
- “To celebrate International Museum Day, players can take part in a Stamp Rally. After receiving a special stamp card, players can enjoy viewing fish, insects and fossils while collecting stamps at the various museum exhibits to earn an in-game reward.”
- Wedding Season (June 1-30)
- “During a nuptial-themed June, players can visit Harvey’s island to meet the married couple Reese and Cyrus, as well as help arrange and take anniversary photos with them in the wedding-picture studio. Players will get wedding-themed items as a token of the couple’s gratitude.”