Battlefield 2042 announced for October
EA has unveiled Battlefield 2042, which will support up to 128 players in a single battle and will launch in October as a multiplayer-only game.
Judging by the trailer, Battlefield 2042 is – as the name suggests – set in the near future and features a light futuristic touch with gritty megastructures, autonomous quadrupedal weapon platforms, and lots of wingsuits.
Gameplay will be revealed in a new trailer in June, while a closed technical test goes online in July. At least 500,000 people tuned in yesterday afternoon to watch the debut, where we learned the following details:
What we know:
- Launching on 22nd October 2021, after a technical test in July
- Max player count is 128 on PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, 64 on PS4 and Xbox One
- Classes become categories containing specialists
- 10 specialists available at launch
- All-Out Warfare features ‘standard’ Battlefield game modes
- New squad-based Hazard Zone mode teased
- Third mode showcasing at EA Play Live on July 22nd
- Gadgets include grappling hook, revive gun, auto-turret, Wingsuits and movement sensor
- Post-launch maps added to roster for free
- ‘Levolution’ returns, with maps changing during battles
- No single-player campaign or any Battle Royale mode