All about the new Animal Crossing
The latest Nintendo Direct stream was just broadcast, and it was a 25 minutes long “in-depth look” at Animal Crossing: New Horizons, due out on March 20th.
Setting and seasons
- Multiple island destinations to pick from
- Choose between the northern and southern hemisphere
- Both hemispheres offer four seasons but at different times
- Each day starts with an island-wide broadcast of important events
- Seasons determine what activities are available
Customization and visitors
- Building a home requires taking out a loan, with no deadline or interest
- Houses include their storage where you can put away items
- You can easily change the furniture on and item placement in your house
- Houses can be extended and remodelled with multiple rooms
- You can choose where other residents set up their homes
- Resident Services are open 24 hours for trading, crafting, advice
- Everything can be customized, from colours to custom designs
- The airport is open 24 hours a day so you can visit other islands as well as receive visitors and mail
- Up to 8 players can be on one island at the same time
The Nook Business empire
- New players are introduced to the game by Nook Inc. staff
- NookPhone issued provides access to essentials like camera, map, recipes etc.
- ‘Nook Miles’ are earned by completing small objectives that help guide players
- Can be used to pay off island package or exchanged for rewards
- Nook Miles Ticket will fly you to random small islands to explore
Exploration and discovery
- Talks about hazards on the deserted island and possible solutions
- Chance of meeting beached castaways
- Rescue Service fast travels you if you are stuck or stranded
- Players can jump to traverse small obstacles
- Party Play lets up to four players explore the island together
Check out the Nintendo Direct stream for yourself to learn more.
Time For A Quick Daily Quiz?
Which League of Legends champion uses playing cards as a weapon?
- Twisted Fate
Twisted Metal: Black might have been a diseased mind’s fever dream all along
Twisted Metal: Black for PlayStation 2 may have taken place in the head of serial killer ice cream clown Sweet Tooth.
Minion’s loading screen features him communicating in numbers, claiming that they’re all ‘trapped in his head’ and that this is how Sweet Tooth ‘sees the world’.
The final boss fight in Twisted Metal: Black was against Warhawk, who was originally meant to be a playable character up until the final days of production.
At the last minute, the developers decided Warhawk was ‘too powerful’ for multiplayer, and that the game controls didn’t translate well to his helicopter, and thus he became the final boss instead.
Games That Serve You
What’s up in the big online games?
Here’s a quick round-up of the latest changes to live games like Fortnite, Dead by Daylight, Rainbow Six Siege and other online games.
- Dead by Daylight
- The new chapter Chains of Hate launches on March 10th
- Features the new killer The Deathslinger, and a new survivor named Zarina Kassir
- Adds Dead Dawg Saloon map
- Public Test Build available now
- All killers can use the new breakable walls mechanic
- Rainbow Six Siege
- Operation Void Edge marks the start of Year 5
- Available on the test server since February 17th
- Introduces new Operators Oryx and Iana
- Old Oregon map reworked in Void Edge
- For Honor
- Leaders of Wyverndale, February 20th – weekly arcade quest (Marching Fire only)
- Dura Lex, February 27th – weekly arcade quest (Marching Fire only)
- Extra Loot Fest between February 21st and 24th
- Hunt Showdown
- Launched on PlayStation 4 this week, on February 18th