Endwalker too popular for its own good
Final Fantasy XIV has fallen victim to its own success, as the MMO's servers buckle under the pressure of all the players desperate to play the latest Endwalker expansion.
- Record number of concurrent Steam users: 95,150
- Error 2002 is due to packet loss caused by 17,000+ user logins
- Peak hours as of December 5th:
- North America – 12:00pm to 10:00pm (PST) / 20:00 to 6:00 (GMT)
- European – 3:00am to 3:00pm (PST) / 11:00 to 23:00 (GMT)
- Japan – 1:00am to 7:00am (PST) / 9:00 to 15:00 (GMT)
Maxed out: “All Worlds across all regions have been hitting the login cap for extremely long periods of time, and the progression of login queues is being slowed dramatically,” Yoshida explains.
Time refund: Game owners and subscribers will be compensated with 7 days of free game time for the trouble, and possibly more depending on how the situation develops.
The post also explains what various error codes mean for the curious. Have you jumped back in to play the Endwalker expansion? Let us know!