Nine major indie games for Sony platforms
Sony just unveiled their new PlayStation Indies initiative and announced nine indie games on their way to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
Keeping the indie scene vibrant is “increasingly important for the future of the video game industry, as AAA game development has grown so financially demanding that big companies are finding it harder to take risks”, explained PlayStation indies boss Shuhei Yoshida.
PlayStation Indies round-up – Montage trailer
- Carto (Sunhead Games) — Announcement Trailer — Fall 2020 (PC, PlayStation 4) — PlayStation.Blog
- Creaks (Amanita Design) — Gameplay Trailer — Summer 2020 (PlayStation 4) — PlayStation.Blog
- F.I.S.T: Forged in Shadow Torch (TiGames) — Story Trailer — TBA 2020 (PlayStation 4) — PlayStation.Blog
- Haven (The Game Bakers) — Glide Free Trailer — TBA 2020 (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5) — PlayStation.Blog
- Heavenly Bodies (2pt Interactive) — Reveal Trailer — TBA 2020 (PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5) — PlayStation.Blog
- Maquette (Graceful Decay) — Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer — TBA (PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5) — PlayStation.Blog
- Recompile (Phigames) — Gameplay Trailer — TBA (PC, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5) — PlayStation.Blog
- Where The Heart Is (Armature Studio) — Official Trailer — Winter 2020 (PlayStation 4) — PlayStation.Blog
- Worms Rumble (Team17) — Announcement Trailer — TBA 2020 (PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5) — PlayStation.Blog
Time For A Quick Daily Quiz?
What Ink Spots song plays at the intro and outro of Fallout 1?
- I Don’t Want to Set The World on Fire
- Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall
- It’s a Sin to Tell a Lie
BioWare’s Sonic RPG had Panzer Dragoon connection
You probably forgot that BioWare developed Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood for Sega back in 2008, right? The RPG was BioWare’s first handheld project, and there was a competition to name a group of enemies in the game.
The winning suggestion was “The Zoah”, which also happened to be the name of a town in Sega’s Panzer Dragoon Saga. Fans also discovered an Easter Egg in Chapter 5: Battle for Angel Island: You can find a Sega Genesis model 2 console with a controller in the bottom left corner of Metropolis overground.
Microsoft renews Fable trademark
Microsoft has just renewed the Fable trademark by Microsoft for use in the United States, declaring an “Intent To Use” in the filing.
There have been rumours about a new Fable game for a long time now, but there hasn’t been a full entry to the series since Fable III in 2010, and not so much as a spin-off since 2012’s Fable: The Journey. Lionhead was shut down in 2016, so the series’ future has been uncertain.
Spin-offs scrapped: Fable Legends was a multiplayer spin-off where a band of heroes fought against a player-controlled villain, but the project was cancelled in 2016 when Microsoft closed Lionhead.
Fourth foray: Could this filing mean that Fable IV or a reboot is on the way? There have been rumours of a Fable-related project at Forza Horizon developer Playground Games, and Xboss Phil Spencer more or less confirmed it at E3 2018.
Pokemon News and Events
Battle Royale Cup starts and the first Special Customer arrives in Pokémon Café
There’s plenty going on in the world of Pokémon, including a bunch of tournaments, events and updates.
- Two 5 Star Select Scouts available
- First costs 300 Paid Gems and lasts 48 hours; select a Scout and any 5 Star Sync Pair
- Second costs 3000 Paid Gems and lasts a week; select 10 Scouts and any 5 Star Sync Pair
Pokémon Sword & Shield
- Ranked Battle Series 5 is now live
- Duration: July 1st to August 30th
- Series 4 June is concluding, and Ranked Battle rewards are now available
- International Friendly Online Competition rankings now online
- Version 1.1.1 update: Transfered Pokémon are correctly added to Isle of Armor Pokédex
- Research Breakthrough Pokémon have shifted; Larvitar now reward until August 1st
Pokémon Café Mix
- First Special Customer event has begun
- Lasts until July 15th
- Scorbunny will appear as a customer
- Complete orders will unlock Scorbunny as staff
- Make friends and invite then to Party so you can recruit them later
- New Regular Orders have been implemented
Pokémon Rumble Rush
- Battle Royale Cup has begun
- Pheromosa Cup lasts until July 8th
- Fighting and Bug-type moves powered-up
- Two pieces of Poké Glam as reward