Nintendo 64 games could be coming to Switch along with new online price
Rumour has it Nintendo is going to add Nintendo 64 games to Switch Online, making some of its most iconic classics available to all-new audiences.
The rumour also suggests Nintendo wants to add a more expensive Switch Online subscription tier, which will feature a bigger library of classic games, including Game Boy and Game Boy Color games.
- Switch requires a subscription for online services like multiplayer
- Switch Online features a “growing library” of NES and SNES games
- Retro titles are playable “at any given time” with a subscription
- Individual Switch Online subscriptions cost £17.99 / $19.99 per year
- Family plan provides access for up to 8 accounts for £31.49 / $34.99 a year
Price hike: “I don't think they would try to double the price of it… I'd come in at $30 a year, $35 would be the ceiling,” speculated insider ‘NateDrake’ about the rumoured price scheme. He believes it will be introduced this financial year.
Slow going: Not everyone is happy with Nintendo's slow release rate for NES and SNES classics, and especially not with the selection: Many celebrated classics are still absent, in favour of obscure or mediocre third-party games.