Paradox CEO Fredrik Wester addresses own “inappropriate behaviour” in 2018
Recently reappointed CEO Fredrik Wester of Paradox Interactive has posted a Twitter thread addressing his own “inappropriate behaviour” during a 2018 company-wide conference.
“This was something I immediately and sincerely apologized for in person the following Monday in a process reviewed by HR,” he explained. A union-led staff survey was leaked to the press.
- Paradox has around 400 employees in Sweden
- 133 chose to participate in a union-led survey
- About 44% experienced ‘mistreatment’ at work
- 69% of surveyed female staff felt ‘mistreated’
- Women accounted for a quarter of respondents
’Deep regret’: “It has never been my intention to make anyone uncomfortable around me, but that is still what happened, much to my regret.” Wester says he’s been working with a “coach and mentor”.
Unrelated exit: “…this had nothing to do with me resigning as CEO in 2018,” explaining it was “planned for over 6 months at the time” when he stepped away. Paradox Interactive is currently pursuing a third-party company audit.