Peter Molyneux returns with NFT game
Ubisoft's Quartz is no longer the only NFT gaming platform in town: Peter Molyneux's studio 22cans has just launched “blockchain business simulator” Legacy and claims to have sold £40 million worth of virtual land.
"Owning a Land NFT allows you to start your own in-game blockchain business association in Legacy. You will be able to play Legacy, while earning and owning your gameplay," according to Gala Games.
- Legacy is part of the emerging “play to earn” genre
- It introduces the LegacyCoin currency on the Ethereum blockchain
- Legacy is a mix of city builder and business simulator
- Features a narrative that “adapts itself” as you go
- Players will face “moral choices” while competing in business
Cryptocurrency: Gala is a cryptocurrency gaming platform and is partnering with 22cans on Legacy. Players can work together or compete to earn more LegacyCoins.
Virtual property: Almost all the virtual land NFTs have sold out, with a combined worth of over 14,000 Ethereum or around £40.5 million. The most expensive was a limited edition London plot selling for about £670,000. How do you feel about NFTs in video games? We'd love to hear your thoughts.