Taipei Game Show’s Elden Ring gameplay
FromSoftware producer Yasuhiro Kitao presented a “special broadcast” about Elden Ring at the Taipei Game Show 2022, showcasing the game mechanics and answering some questions.
The 45-minute presentation reveals that Elden Ring was designed to relieve the stress of the player without compromising the tense and challenging combat that veterans of the Souls games have come to know and love to hate.
- Not possible to complete 100% on the first playthrough
- Smaller dungeons and crypts are all optional
- Player is not always under threat, just mostly
- Battle and combat styles not locked to classes
- Spirits and stealth mechanics help reduce stress
Play time: The open-world design naturally paces the experience, with long-distance traversal – whether on foot or by mount – serving as downtime between encounters. The core game will take about 30 hours to complete.
Exploration: The game world will not be completely accessible from the very beginning of the game, although you will be free to explore its regions and tackle their challenges in whatever order you want. Elden Ring will be out on February 25th.