PlayStation 4 Indie Highlight's for 2020
Sony reveals 5 independent games coming to PlayStation 4 this year
Sony will be announcing five new indie games for PlayStation 4 today via the official PlayStation blog and will continue to make announcements throughout the day.
So far, two of the titles have been presented:
- Boundary by Surgical Scalpels Studio – Orbital Security Detail Trailer – TBA 2020 – PlayStation.Blog
“Astroperators gear up for zero-gravity shootouts with high-tech weaponry in outer space FPS Boundary.”
- Going Under by Aggro Crab Games – Announcement Trailer – September 2020 – PlayStation.Blog
”Going Under is a satirical dungeon crawler where you must explore cursed ruins of failed tech startups. As an unpaid intern in the dystopian city of Neo-Cascadia, wield office junk as weaponry and make your way through offbeat procedural dungeons beneath your company campus.”
Time For A Quick Daily Quiz?
Which of these sci-fi movie series did Bethesda make licensed games for?
- The Terminator
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire was one of the earliest Nintendo 64 games
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire was a big deal in 1996, spanning comic books, a novel – and a videogame.
Picking up after Empire Strikes Back and following smuggler Dash Rendar, it was one of Lucasfilm’s first attempts at crossover events and was an early title for Nintendo 64.
Double Fine Productions’ Tim Schafer, a veteran of Lucasarts, is mentioned in the credits in a section named “never actively tried to sabotage the project.”
Beat the game on medium or higher difficulty, and you are rewarded with a cutscene showing Dash Rendar and Leebo surviving the Skyhook Battle above Coruscant.
Join up with our community on Twitter and Facebook to discuss today’s fact.
What's happening in Mobile Today
Stave off boredom with mobile games
Now that everyone is staying home for the foreseeable future, there’s more need for entertainment than ever and there’s more competition for big screen time than ever before. Maybe it’s time to have a look at some mobile games?
- ½ Halfway by Tepes Ovidiu – Game Trailer – April 14th, 2020 for iOS – A gentle puzzler about reunion
- Becoming Bytes by Chariots Gaming – Trailer – Out now for iOS and Android – Free-to-play
- Bullet Hell Monday Finale by MASAYUKI ITO – Trailer – Out April 13th for iOS and Android – Free-to-play, Arcade
- GRIS by Nomada Studio – Trailer – Out now for iOS and Android – Adventure
- Bark Park by Ancient Games – Trailer – Out April 8th for iOS – Party Game
- Wraithmind by TEKO – Trailer – TBA 2020 for iOS and Android – Turn-based RPG
- Mass for the Dead by Crunchyroll Games – TBA 2020 for iOS and Android – Turn-based RPG
- Disney Mirrorverse by Kabam – TBA 2020 for iOS and Android – Action-RPG
- Dark Raider by Triniti Interactive – Trailer – April 4th for iOS and Android – Action, Hack and Slash
- The Procession to Calvary by Joe Richardson – Trailer – TBA 2020 for iOS and Android – Adventure, Indie