Sony reveals PSVR2 specifications
Sony has finally announced the PlayStation VR2 specifications, including details about the PSVR2 Sense controller.
“Building upon our innovations from PS5, PlayStation VR2 adds a true next-gen experience with high-fidelity visuals, new sensory features, and enhanced tracking – along with a simplified single-cord setup.”
- OLED display with 2000×2040 pixels per eye
- Frame rates of 90/120Hz supported
- Approximately 110 degrees field of view
- Six-axis motion sensing with IR proximity sensor
- Four cameras: headset, controller and eye tracking
- PSVR2 is expected to launch towards the end of the year
Quick setup: The PSVR2 Sense controllers will feature haptic feedback much like the DualSense controllers, and the headset only requires a “single cable connected directly to PS5” to immerse you in VR, so the external camera is no longer needed.
First game: Sony also announced Horizon VR – Call of the Mountain from Guerrilla and Firesprite Games, featuring Aloy, other “familiar faces” and new characters.