Rogue Company Alpha Test
Rogue Company alpha sign-up opens
Rogue Company follows an elite group of mercenaries packing serious firepower, and supports cross-platform play and has PvP modes. It also features ‘cross-progression’ so you can use the same account across PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Switch.
Sales pitch: “As a Rogue Company mercenary, players will grab their weapon of choice and dive into iconic locations to compete online in various PVP game modes,” according to the the official blurb. “With an arsenal of mercenaries, guns, abilities, and game modes, there is always something to master.” Rogue Company is expected to release later this year.
Sneak peek: The gameplay trailer is about two-and-a-half minutes long and features a mix of gameplay and cinematics. The footage is from an alpha build, and shows off a variety of player abilities and parts of the maps.
Time For A Quick Daily Quiz?
Who was the first Western company to make a Silent Hill game?
- Wayforward Technologies
- Vatra Games
- Climax Studios
- Double Helix Games
Crash Bandicoot and Curse of the Namco Mini-Game Patent
If you played Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex for PlayStation 2 then you might remember chunky loading times averaging 47 seconds. Was the game really that demanding? Yes, but the loading times were particularly long because of a feature that was disabled but not removed.
What, exactly? Mini-games! One of the founders of Traveller’s Tales’ revealed that there were mini-games where you could collect Wumpa Fruit, but that a ‘fraudulent patent’ by Namco forced them to get rid of the mini-games at the last minute, when they couldn’t actually get rid of them, just hide them. The later Xbox re-release decreased load times to around 17 seconds on average.
Pokemon News and Events
Pokémon Go wants you to stay home
Niantic has temporarily disabled the coin and walking requirements for the Go Battle League until April 13th as part of the game’s ‘stay at home’ measures.
Anyone with a Safari Zone ticket for this weekend’s event in St. Louis will instead receive boosted spawns for all Pokémon that were part of the event. Incense is also stronger now and lasts for 8 hours. Special Research will complete where every you play, and give Pokéball rewards.
- Lugia Raid Weekend event has been cancelled
- Cobalion will remain in Raids and Go Battle League until March 31st
- Good Friends or higher battles until May 1st
- New ‘Today View’ quality of life improvement on the way
- List of current event effects
- Overview of Pokémon in gyms
- Pokémon Catch and PokéStop Spin Streaks
Pokémon Sword & Shield
- Extreme Speed! Single Battles! rankings available
- Team Skull Crash Course story event coming soon
- Guzma & Plumeria Spotlight Scout adds new Sync Pairs
- Guzma & Golisopod
- Plumeria & Salazzle
Pokémon Rumble Rush
- Sky-High Rayquaza, Descend! event begins
- Lasts for three weeks until April 15th
- Based on island around Rayquaza
- Various Pokémon and all Hoenn Pokémon