Sony increases PlayStation 5 supply
Either Sony has changed their minds or supply chains have returned to full capacity earlier than expected, because Sony is increasing PlayStation 5 production drastically.
Reports claimed that Sony expected to produce 6 million PlayStation 5 consoles by March 2021, but Nikkei and Bloomberg say Sony expects to manufacture almost 10 million units before the end of the year to meet higher than expected demand. Ironically, the change might be thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic increasing consumer spending on games.
Ready for 2021: Mass-production of PlayStation 5 consoles began in earnest in June, and Sony expects 5 million units to be ready by September, with an additional 4-5 million units ready between October and December. Production of DualSense controllers has also been increased.
Great demand: Bloomberg adds that despite the increase, shipping constraints may prevent Sony from meeting holiday demand.
Time For A Quick Daily Quiz?
Which track was pulled from the Rock Band music store over bad language?
- “Closer” by Nine Inch Nails
- “Drop It Like It’s Hot” by Snoop Dogg
- “Juice” by Lizzo
- “I Love Living in the City” by Fear
Super Mario Galaxy 2 almost had Donkey Kong and Pikmin join the fun
Super Mario Galaxy 2 was supposed to feature guest appearances by Donkey Kong and the Pikmin. Unfortunately, Shigeru Miyamoto – who created all of them – vetoed the idea since he didn’t think they all belonged in a single game.
You can actually manage to get a Game Over during Super Mario Galaxy 2’s end credits, since you are controlling Mario in the background. If you finish with 120 stars, a Bee Mushroom appears in the Tall Trunk portion of the credit roll, and you can gain enough height to breach the top boundary and die.
Pokemon News and Events
Look for Pikachu Visors and prepare your café for a visit from Sobble
If you’re playing Pokémon Go with an Ultra Buddy you might stumble across souvenirs like the new Pikachu Visor. Make sure your Pokémon Café is open so Sobble can come visit you.
- Raid Passes and Battle Passes only used when Raid begins
- New Rare Souvenir Pikachu Visor inspired by real-world souvenir
- Pokémon Go Fest 2020 Print At Home Kit announced
- Provides decorations and activities during upcoming event
Pokémon Café Mix
- Sobble can be invited and recruited until July 29th
- Morty’s Secret Ghost Training event has begun
- Features multiple solo battles and Full Force battles
- Morty Spotlight Scout with Morty & Drifblim sync pair
Pokémon Rumble Rush
- Latest Battle Royale Cup has begun
- Arceus Cup until July 22nd
- Psychic and Ghost-type moves powered-up
- Two new pieces of Poké Glam