Reports from PlayStation 5 hands-on tests
More and more people have finally had hands-on time with PlayStation 5, and that means more information and first impressions floating around.
For example, there's footage of the loading times in 3D platformer Astro’s Playroom. Earlier builds loaded levels in about 8 seconds, but the latest version has managed to shave that down to 2.5 seconds.
4gamer.net’s hands-on report
- Different colour lightbars on DualSense
- DualSense lightbar not as distracting as the one on DualShock 4
- Only the flagship model with blu-ray drive has been tested
- All the consoles tested so far have been preview units
- Console appeared very silent during the demo
Famitsu’s PlayStation 5 videos
X to confirm: Sony is finally changing their guidelines and the cross button will now be the standard confirm button in Japan, just like in all other territories. The circle button has been the confirm button for Japanese players since the first PlayStation launched in 1994.