Pokémon Go rings in 2021 with Slowpoke
2020 is a year that will live on in infamy, and now it’s very nearly over. 2021 will hopefully be better, and it’s already off to a flying start with a customised Slowpoke appearing in Pokémon Go.
The lethargic Pokémon will appear with special New Year's glasses, celebrating both 2020 and 2021. How come? Well, Slowpoke is late to the party as always, according to Niantic. There will be other costumed Pokémon as well, with new avatar items and party hats as well.
Pokémon Go New Year event
- From December 31st until January 4th
- Festive costumes for certain Pokémon
- Slowpoke wearing 2020 glasses appear in the wild, raids after Field Research and hatch from 2km Eggs
- Slowpoke with 2020 glasses evolves into Slowbro with 2021 glasses
- Pikachu with New Year’s hat in the wild after Field Research, and 2km Eggs
- Pichu with New Year’s hat evolves to Pikachu with New Year’s hat
- Pikachu with New Year’s hat evolves to Raichu wearing a New Year’s hat
- Wynaut hatching from 2km Eggs, and Shiny Wynaut is possible
- Raticate, Wobbuffet, and Wurmple wear party hats in 1 star Raids
- Eevee with party hat a Field Research reward encounter
- 2021 Glasses and the New Year’s Party Hat for avatars on December 30th