Todd Howard AMA on Reddit
Todd Howard's got a lot of questions to answer, so it's no surprise that his Ask Me Anything on Reddit prompted quite a few questions.
The questions and answers ranged from the sincere to the absurd. For example, the inevitable question of when Elder Scrolls VI is coming was answered with “For Father's Day this year my son gave me a card that said, "You're an amazing Dad, but where's TES6?"
- Starfield will feature a robot keeping players company
- Starfield character creation allows you to set background and skills
- Expect full mod support from the updated engine
- Fallout 76 problems made Bethesda “much better developers”
- “Ladders are our arch-nemesis” and Bethesda will use them “sparingly”
Top tips: His number one advice for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is to “pick acrobatics and jump constantly.” Howard refuses to elaborate on who might be the mother of Jarl Balgruuf's children, and is obviously “really excited” about the Fallout TV series.
From the trenches: During development, a programmer made buildings “hop up and down” after 10 minutes to mess with Howard, and one of the big pieces of content cut from Fallout 4 was a “Bioshock style vault” with a “massive sentient octopus living outside it.”