Unintentional racial slurs in Back 4 Blood
Back 4 Blood beta testers are reporting that the zombie enemies known as Ridden are throwing around a particular racial slur, and some streamers have even managed to record it on stream.
WB Games have responded, saying that it has been "made aware of offensive language that can be heard when playing the game. This was not recorded or ever intended to be part of our gameplay. The audio is a result of two different Ridden growls that are playing simultaneously and when heard together sound like that word."
- Back 4 Blood is developed by Turtle Rock
- Spiritual successor to Left 4 Dead
- Scheduled for full release on October 12th
- Early access for pre-order customers on August 5th until 9th
- Anyone can give it a whirl between August 12th and 16th
Overlap mishap: It appears that two of Ridden's sound effects are playing simultaneously, which then sounds eerily a racial epithet. WB Games claims it's just a groan-worthy audio mixing mishap, but we do wonder how it managed to slip past the QA teams.
Blame it on the boogie: “We are working diligently to fix this issue,” said WB Games, promising that the offending audio will be replaced before launch.